Jul 5, 2011

Before Sunset

If you ask me to recommend a movie about Paris, I will say 'Before sunset'. It really doesn't matter if you didn't watch 'Before sunrise' and you have no idea what happened between the two characters in the movie ten years ago. What you can do is just following them walking around Paris, sitting in a garden, or drinking a cup of coffee in a corner cafe,or jumping on a tourist boat and being taken to the Pont Neuf.


Sometimes I really like being alone. No Ipod, no friend, no boyfriend. Just me! Paris was not new for me, although last time I was in Paris was ten years ago. I still felt familiar with this city, maybe because I watched too many movies about it. Paris I love you, Les amants du Pont-Neuf, Amelie, Fan Fan, Sabrina,and Midnight in Paris, etc. No matter in what language, in which year, by which director, about what kind of story, Paris is always gorgeous.

The most thing I enjoyed being in Paris was watching sunset. It was amazing that sunset in Paris was around 10 PM everyday. Before that, so many young people were gathered on Pont des Arts, talking, drinking beers, and laughing. Musicians were playing music everywhere on the street. Old couples held each other's hands and wandered along the river. I was sitting on a bench near Pont Neuf, watching the beautiful sunset. I didn't know how to describe this beautiful city and this amazing dusk. I wanted time stop, and I wished I could stay in Paris for ever.




In the hallway of the Lourve, some professional musicians were playing some classic pieces. Tourists were no longer gathered in the museum. He just enjoyed his music and the great moment that the whole Lourve was listening to him, quietly, peacefully. 




Before going down to the other side of the earth, I saw the gorgeous sunshine came behind the pyramid. I thought I was in Egypt, where floor ground was like golden sand and all the sudden the whole world was muted. The only thing I can heard was my own breath and heart beats. This scene was breath taken. I couldn't stop taking pictures but I really wanted just stop taking pictures and admire this unbelievable moment.  



Like artists of Impressionism, I love capture the magic of light as well. Especially the light of dusk. It was everywhere in my pictures. Sometimes hidden behind trees, sometimes jumping out of roofs, sometimes taking almost half of the photos. I wanted to capture it and keep it in my own camera, for ever. I knew this was childish. But I couldn't help it.







 So many locks on Pont des Arts with lovers' names on them. I wish one day maybe I could lock mine on it, with my soul mate's name on it. But who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment