Jul 5, 2011

Fancy inside and out

I didn't go to Versailles Palace with other girls this time but I still enjoyed so many fancy interior decorations in Paris, such as that of the Lourve. I have to admit that other than those famous pieces in Musee du Lourve, I forgot almost all other parts of it. I have no idea how great the architecture of it, either how fancy the decoration of it. In New York City, I enjoy going to the Met, even more going to the Frick Collection. I have to say, Frick Collection has so many great paintings tracing back to early Renaissance, to Baroque and then to Rococo art. It merges paintings, furniture, and even the color of walls together as the whole. However, in comparison to the Lourve, it was nothing.











I love those chandeliers in appartements Napoléon III of the Lourve. I saw the pictures of it before I went to Paris. It still blew my mind. Such a fancy decoration, which inspired me to transfer it into my new design. It can be used as prints, as well as details of a garment. I do love the color combination of burgundy red and gold, which reminds me of Alexander McQueen's collection 'A girl living in the tree'.

Speak of chandeliers, I love those in the flea market. I have to say, the flea market in Paris has the best vintage and antique shops I have ever been to. Every single piece were so delicate as well as unique. I felt like going back to 15th century, wearing my crinoline gowns, velvet gloves, and lace bumbersoll. The motif of those antique furniture could be used as the motif of patterns, and could be interpreted into some cool digital prints. Also the color combination inspired me to make a mood board of my next collection.






Okay, I was a secret shopper, but my friend was not. Those silk scarves from flea market, not fancy, but fabulous!

Travel tips:
1. Musee du Lourve opens Mon through Sun 9AM to 6PM. Wednesday and Friday open till 10PM.
2. Musee d'Orsay opens everyday from 9.30AM to 6PM, expect Mondays. Thursday opens till 9.45PM. No pictures inside. 
3. Flea market, Metro 13 to Garibaldi.  

No comments:

Post a Comment