Jul 10, 2011

Football and Fashion

I knew the 'football' I mentioned was the soccer that Americans called. Before I came to the U.S, I have watched the European football games for more than ten years. The Italian national team has always been my favorite and the A.C. Milan was the only football club I loved in Europe. Can you imagine how excited I was when I knew I could come to Milan, where I can feel the strong passion for football games as well as for my favorite football player!



The biggest purchase during this trip was for A.C. Milan! A jersey shirt with my favorite football player Inzaghi's name and number on the back, and a soccer ball with all the players' signatures. When I brought the ball back to the hotel I doubted whether it worth the price and the effort that I am carrying back to New York. Catherine told me don't worry about it and she was hundred percent sure that I will be happy with the ball back at home. Yes she is right!




The last morning in Milan, I went to the San Siro stadium by myself. It was crazy because I only have 3 hours before leaving for the airport and I was not sure how to get there and how long it takes. Actually the subway took about 20 minutes one way and I walked for almost another 20 minutes to the stadium. When I got there it wasn't open yet, then it took 30 minutes in the museum and another 30 minutes in the stadium. I was running back to the subway and caught the train back to the hotel. 15 minutes before leaving. I made it! I felt so accomplished!!!


When I was wandering on the streets one day in Milan, this idea came up in my mind. Maybe the most important things in my life were those three 'F' words: food, football and fashion. Compared to fashion in Paris, Italian style has a stronger flavor. Here is what I observed of french style, http://ououma.blogspot.com/2011/07/trend-style-shopping-paris.html.

Same brand, but buyers picked those garments with stronger silhouettes and more creative details. Italy has such fierce sunshine that white is the best choice of everyone's outfits. 

Military seems in all the time. 


Windows in Florence blew my mind, indeed. I've never thought Florence as a fashion city, however, it has tons of creative local brands as well as those famous Italian fashion 'royalties' like Dolce & Gabanna, Prada, and Versace. 

Beautiful print is everywhere. 

Love the cool jacket, and the combination of leather, knits, and silk. Jewelries were gorgeous as well. 



Shopping tips:
1. Florence. Main shopping areas: around Piazza Santa Trinita, around Piazza della Repubblica, and around Duomo Florence. 
              Local brands: Dixie, Via Borgo S. Lorenzo, 5/r
                            Luisaviaroma outlet, Via Silvio Pellico, 9/11
2. Milan. Main shopping areas: 'Golden quadrangle' in between Via S. Andrea, Via della Spiga and Monte Napoleone.
          Walking along the Corso Venezia, to Corso Vittorio Emunuele, to Via Dante. 
          Walking along the Via Torino. 
          Local brand: Phard http://www.phard.it/phard/PHSS11/index.php

Football games tips:
1. Two official stores of A.C Milan. One located on Piazza S. Fedele, the other one is around Piazza XXIV Maggio and bigger. 
2. Going to the stadium, take Metro red line to Lotto, walking along Viale Caprili to Piazzale Dello Sport for about 20 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment