Jul 4, 2011

Cuisine and cooking

10 days in Paris. Tons of delicious french cuisine. Somebody says french people are the laziest people in the world. They have the most holidays in the world and they love enjoying food. Yes, enjoying eating takes time! I can't even imagine having a relax lunch time in FIT, in New York City. People are always busy in Manhattan. Busy working, busy studying, busy dating. In Paris, relaxing and enjoy life is the most important thing. A cup of coffee, a great book, or a close friend. That is for the whole afternoon in Paris.

As for the meal, I had my very first Beef Tartare in Le Marais. It was very quite an experience! The very several bites were really fresh to me. I used to eat some raw beef in Japanese restaurant. I told myself this was not a big deal. And it tasted really good, especially with onions and french fries. However, I couldn't take them all. I turned out to eat all the french fries. :(

The other day, my best friend in Paris treated me an awesome dinner around Odeon. It was a grilled lamb with stewed vegetables. Guess what!? It was my first time eating grilled lamb and I ate them all! The lamb was really tender. It was even better with the vegetables. My American girls always complaining about the portion of French cuisine. I understand. But that is why French women are so skinny and tiny.

Random restaurant in the Paris Flea Market. Great salmon with french toasts. Very distinct and fresh taste. The black tea I had at the lunch was amazing! It had a very unique flavor, like some sort of herbal as well as flowers.



Dessert is the key part of french cuisine. Every meal, every day, without dessert life is not completed.



Best chocolate ever in Paris by La Maison du Chocolat, which located in the basement of Musee du Lourve. Still remember the great combination of white and dark chocolates. The tour guide told us chocolate in France has almost 80% coconut, however, chocolate in the America has much more sugar and creme. 


French toast + ice cream + 11 pm = enjoy but guilty. Best dessert ever! When hot and crispy french toast meets smooth and cold ice cream. When such big contrast flavors in your mouth, please close your eyes and waiting for the magic moment at the midnight in Paris. 

Another combination of hot chocolate pudding with ice cream.

If I didn't mention macarons, you are gonna say I did not really go to Paris. That is true. French people cannot live without them, which are the so-called french cupcakes but so much cuter and prettier than American cupcakes.

Green tea macaron. Best choice ever!

One of the best macaron shops in Paris. 


Speak of making macaron, it was not easy at all. To be honest, without the recipes I cannot remember any steps now. But I remember everyone enjoys being involved in making them, and it was such a great experience for us to cook and taste. 


Amateur

Professional


They look good!

And tasted awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment